Cobra's Market View Private Messaging System shows:
SHORT-TERM: COULD SEE RED WEEK THE NEXT WEEK
We could see a red week the next week. The arguments are SPX and NDX的weekly %B too high with negative divergence and WLSH up 8 weeks in row. They’re not very solid reasons but considering the bearish seasonality the next week (see seasonality session below), so I think chances are good that we’ll see a red week the next week.
Wilshire 5000 Index up 8 weeks in row, the chart below marked all the occurrences when it was up 7 or more consecutive weeks since the inception. The next week was all in red.
0.0.2 Combined Intermediate-term Trading Signals, this is just a follow up, I consider the trend line held the breakout so the top signal is still valid.
INTERMEDIATE-TERM: BEARISH BIASED, PIVOT DATE EITHER AROUND 10/22 OR 10/26 OR 11/04
For the chart below, I just want your attention, it’s not a solid reason to be bearish. Again, a bearish expectation doesn’t equal to a short position as you can see my positions in the table above. The risk reward ratio should always be considered which is beyond the scope of this report. Basically, as long as the market keeps having higher high, being a bear is a dangerous job, so beware.
As for other reasons for an intermediate-term bearish view, see summary below. I have no intension to list all the charts again because they don’t have much change. Among them, one chart I’d like your attention though, it’s the Institutional Selling Action from stocktiming – Apparently institutions are selling into the strength.
Maintain the intermediate-term bearish view, the pivot date could be either around 10/22 or 10/26 or 11/04, see 10/15 Market Recap for more details. Below are summaries of all the arguments supporting my intermediate-term bearish view:
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, commercial (smart money) holds record high short positions against Nasdaq 100.
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, AAII bull ratio (4-week average) is way too bullish.
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, institution selling keeps increasing.
- As mentioned in 10/08 Market Recap, statistically, a strong off-season could mean a weaker earning season.
- As mentioned in 10/11 Market Recap, statistically VIX at 1 month low going into October was not a good sign.
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, US$ may rebound which is not good for the broad market.
- As mentioned in 10/19 Market Recap, AAPL MACD is now too stretched which could mean a top for QQQQ.
SEASONALITY: LAST TRADING WEEK AND LAST 2 TRADING DAYS OF EACH MONTH SINCE AUG 2009 WERE BEARISH
For October Seasonality chart please refer to 10/01 Market Recap.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OTHER ETFS IN MY PUBLIC CHART LIST
- The market appears a little stretched as lots of ETFs weekly %B are way too high.
- With possible Euro pullback, watch potential weakness on commodity related ETFs like XLE, XLB and XIU.TO.
- Financials and home builders are lagging, so how far can IYR (realty) go?
|NDX Weekly||NDX to SPX ratio too high. %B too high with negative divergence.|
|IWM Weekly||%B too high with negative divergence.|
|CHINA||Rejected by downtrend line, watch…|
|CHINA Weekly||Extremely high %B.|
|EEM||*LA||*Double black bar, pullback?|
|EEM Weekly||EEM to SPX ratio too high.|
|XIU.TO||LA||TOADV MA(10) too high.|
|XIU.TO Weekly||Fib 61.8% .|
|TLT||*LA||1-2-3 trend change to be confirmed, TLT could start an intermediate-term downtrend.|
|TLT Weekly||*Rebounded from %B mid line.|
|FXE||LA||*Bearish reversal bar plus black bar, combining with weekly chart, so pullback?|
|FXE Weekly||Stalled at Fib confluences area, %B too high with negative divergence, too high above MA(40).|
|GDX||*LA||On support, BPGDM sell signal though.|
|XLE||*UP||Bearish reversal bar plus Spinning Top, combining with weekly chart, so pullback?|
|XLE Weekly||%B too high with negative divergence.|
|XLF Weekly||Head and Shoulders Top in the forming?|
|IYR||UP||*Bearish reversal bar plus black bar, pullback?|
|IYR Weekly||Home builders are lagging.|
|XLB Weekly||%B too high with negative divergence.|
- Please make sure you understand how to use the table above. The purpose of this report is to provide info so contradictory signals are always presented.
- Position reported in short-term session of the table above is for short-term model only, I may or may not hold other positions which will not be disclosed.
- Conclusions can be confirmed endlessly, but trading wise, you have to take actions at certain risk level as soon as you feel the confirmation is enough. There’s no way for me to adapt to different risk levels therefore offer no trading signals will be given in this report except the mechanical signals such as SPY ST Model.
- * = New update; Blue Text = Link to a chart in my public chart list; UP/DOWN = Short-term trend; L A = Lateral Trend