Cobra's Market View Private Messaging System shows:
SHORT-TERM: WILL THE 3RD BLACK BAR BE DIFFERENT?
Nothing to say today. A 3rd black bar (open high close lower but still above the previous close) is formed on the SPY daily chart. Since the previous 2 didn’t work so the question is: Will the 3rd black bar be different? Frankly, bears should have the best chances this week because the seasonality is very bear friendly (See 10/22 Market Recap seasonality session).
1.2.0 INDU Leads Market, this is a chart worth bull’s attention because INDU is very close to its April high now, if it could breakout above it then chances are good that SPX will breakout above its April high as well.
0.0.2 Combined Intermediate-term Trading Signals, this is just a follow up, trend line breakout not held, so the top signal may become invalid.
INTERMEDIATE-TERM: BEARISH BIASED, PIVOT DATE EITHER AROUND 10/22 OR 10/26 OR 11/04
Maintain the intermediate-term bearish view, the pivot date could be either around 10/22 or 10/26 or 11/04, see 10/15 Market Recap for more details. Below are summaries of all the arguments supporting my intermediate-term bearish view:
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, commercial (smart money) holds record high short positions against Nasdaq 100.
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, AAII bull ratio (4-week average) is way too bullish.
- As mentioned in 10/22 Market Recap, institution selling keeps increasing.
- As mentioned in 10/08 Market Recap, statistically, a strong off-season could mean a weaker earning season.
- As mentioned in 10/11 Market Recap, statistically VIX at 1 month low going into October was not a good sign.
- As mentioned in 10/15 Market Recap, US$ may rebound which is not good for the broad market.
- As mentioned in 10/19 Market Recap, AAPL MACD is now too stretched which could mean a top for QQQQ.
- As mentioned in 10/22 Market Recap, NYSI Weekly STO(5,3,3) sell signal means choppy ahead.
SEASONALITY: LAST TRADING WEEK AND LAST 2 TRADING DAYS OF EACH MONTH SINCE AUG 2009 WERE BEARISH
See 10/22 Market Recap for more details.
For October Seasonality chart please refer to 10/01 Market Recap.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OTHER ETFS IN MY PUBLIC CHART LIST
- The market appears a little stretched as lots of ETFs weekly %B are way too high.
- With possible Euro pullback, watch potential weakness on commodity related ETFs like XLE, XLB and XIU.TO.
- Financials and home builders are lagging, so how far can IYR (realty) go?
|NDX Weekly||NDX to SPX ratio too high. %B too high with negative divergence.|
|IWM Weekly||%B too high with negative divergence.|
|CHINA||*Primary downtrend line breakout? To be confirmed.|
|CHINA Weekly||Extremely high %B.|
|EEM||*UP||*Triple black bar, pullback?|
|EEM Weekly||EEM to SPX ratio too high.|
|XIU.TO||*UP||TOADV MA(10) too high.|
|TLT||LA||1-2-3 trend change to be confirmed, TLT could start an intermediate-term downtrend.|
|FXE||LA||*Bearish reversal bar plus double black bars, combining with weekly chart, so pullback?|
|FXE Weekly||Stalled at Fib confluences area, %B too high with negative divergence, too high above MA(40).|
|GDX||*UP||On support, BPGDM sell signal though.|
|XLE||UP||*Black bar and Shooting Star, combining with weekly chart, so pullback?|
|XLE Weekly||%B too high with negative divergence.|
|XLF Weekly||Head and Shoulders Top in the forming?|
|IYR||UP||*Bearish reversal bar plus double black bar, pullback?|
|IYR Weekly||Home builders are lagging.|
|XLB Weekly||%B too high with negative divergence.|
- Please make sure you understand how to use the table above. The purpose of this report is to provide info so contradictory signals are always presented.
- Position reported in short-term session of the table above is for short-term model only, I may or may not hold other positions which will not be disclosed.
- Conclusions can be confirmed endlessly, but trading wise, you have to take actions at certain risk level as soon as you feel the confirmation is enough. There’s no way for me to adapt to different risk levels therefore offer no trading signals will be given in this report except the mechanical signals such as SPY ST Model.
- * = New update; Blue Text = Link to a chart in my public chart list; UP/DOWN = Short-term trend; L A = Lateral Trend