10/13/2011 Trading Signals


Cobra's Market View Private Messaging System shows:


SHORT-TERM MODEL THINKS THE TREND IS UP, HOLDING LONG POSITION OVERNIGHT

No idea about short-term, just a wild guess, will present in tonight’s report.

In case you wonder what happened when VIX down 8 days in a row, well, here’s the statistics, not much to say.

2

The long position held by Cobra Impulse System got stopped out today, flat. But the system will try to long again tomorrow, see table below for more details.

1

MECHANICAL TRADING SIGNALS
SPY SYSTEM ENTRY STOP LOSS Current 2*ATR(10) value: SSO=10%; SDS=12%; UPRO=14%;SPXU=18%
Non-Stop 10/11 L N/A  
Cobra Impulse 10/11 L Breakeven *Stopped out of long position on 10/13 flat.
*Long if above 10/13 high and close in green tomorrow. Stop loss = 1.7 *ATR(10)

3

  • Anonymous

    Thanks Cobra Thanksss!!!!! 

  • Anonymous

    Great work, Cobra.  Just to be clear, the Impulse system will go long if at any time during the trading day tomorrow the SPX exceeds today’s high (i.e., exceeds 1207.46 intraday) and if the SPX closes in the green (even if it closes below today’s high).  Is that correct?

    • Correct.

      • Anonymous

        Thanks.

  • Anonymous

    thanks.

  • Hi Cobra,
    On Wednesday you had forecast a pullback no later than day after tomorrow. On Thursday there was no pullback, so today’s close in RED can be called that pullback which you had expected?
    Just trying to understand, if you see that pullback fulfilled, or just postponed.
    Thanks for ur gr8 work, as always!

    • On Tuesday I said pullback as early as Wednesday but more likely on Thursday, so we got the pullback on time. Not sure if more pullbacks ahead though. My guess is yes. Tomorrow we should know.

    • dham pusha

      Very useful, and well described. Crystal clear prediction. Thank you!

    • dham pusha

      Very useful, and well described. Crystal clear prediction. Thank you!

  • Anonymous

    thx, ding

  • Anonymous

    OEX put/call interest @1.42. I cannot see much of an edge for upside. We can retest the highs (1220) intraday tomorrow but it would be surprising to blow past it. IMHO, we need a little more consolidation (at least) to make a strong move up…

  • thx

  • thx

  • Anonymous

    cobra,
    for tomorrow, 
    if we gap up to around 1207 then would we be moving to test the new high to 1220 or we would retest 1200 first?
    if we gap down to 1195 then test to 1191 will be the first course of direction right?

    • another gap down tomorrow, I think bulls won’t be lucky again.

      I think we’ll revisit the high first. Just my guess.

      • Anonymous

        thank you very much. 

© 2013 Cobra's Market View — All Rights Reserved.